Friday, March 20, 2015

You need a trustworthy HVAC contractor - Total Comfort Systems


When you need HVAC repair or want to change your whole system, call Total Comfort Systems.  Eric Givens has a staff of professionals that go above and beyond.
One of the first things we did was replace the old, huge all-in-one unit. It was past its prime.  And it was HUGE.  It took up way too much real estate on the back patio.

Behold.....the big ass HVAC unit/real estate hog......

Before
The big ass, ugly, loud HVAC unit

After
It's gone!  It's gone!
Thanks to TCS who hauled it away.
The way the back of the house is configured, eliminating this monster of a HVAC unit would allow for a patio area.  It would also allow for an easier access door for the crawl space.

Since we replaced the system, we moved the outside units (it is a split level, so we had 2 units installed.  One for downstairs.  One for upstairs.) to the left side of the house, away from sight and makes it easier to service.
The new home for the 2 HVAC units.
Now, having said all this, you have to understand, we are talking about a home built in 1968 that always had floor vents, only 1 inefficient HVAC unit, and inefficient ductwork.  When you improve the current set up and re-orient all vents and ducts as well as the outside units, you need a professional who knows how to do this.  You need a TEAM of people to do this.  And, most importantly, you need to do this when your house is gutted.  I can't imagine trying to do this while living in the property.  As a matter of fact, I'm not sure you could.  The amount of debris alone would make this nearly impossible.  Since the whole house was about to be gutted anyway, we chose to have this done in the beginning of the remodeling project.  I highly recommend this.  It makes a BIG ASS mess.  But in the end, it is VERY worthwhile.

Here are a few pictures of the project during.  They aren't sexy, but hey....if you took the time to read this far into the post, you must be thinking about doing this to your house.


This is the downstairs coat closet (entryway) before demo.
This was where the old return was.

This is the downstairs coat closet in the entry after demo.
This where the original return was located.
We chose this as the location of the new return as well.

This is the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom.  It is
directly behind the coat closet (separated by a wall & a shower).
This is the beginning of the new ductwork.
The duct work, supply line, condensation pipe, and main
electrical trunk had to be tucked in the ceiling of the downstairs
bedroom.  This will be boxed in later by drywall. This room is directly
across from the bathroom in the previous picture.
Standing in the same room, looking left, that is an exterior wall.
Actually, it is THE exterior wall in the picture posted above (from the outside).
This is where all those tubes, pipes and wires hanging against the brick
originate.  At this point in the project, I can stand in this room and see daylight through the
conduit.  This room is slightly below grade about 3 feet.
This is the master bathroom before.  This vent was in the wall.  Other than the basement/den
area, there were few wall vents.  Most all the other vents were in the floors.

This is the shed at the front of the carport.  The downstairs heating system went
in this shed (to the right).  This is a shot of all the ducts and insulation before installation.



No comments:

Post a Comment